I hope your week is off to a good start. The cooler temps are a nice change of pace that my husband and the dogs are enjoying a lot.
On Sunday, we were reminded by Paul about how it is we are to live as followers of Christ. He encouraged his readers to be unified, rejoice always, be persistent in prayer, and to be intentional with our thoughts. He also reminded us that it is in living into our identities as followers of Christ, we will be gifted peace that passes all understanding.
A reminder for those unable to join us in-person, Sunday morning worship is livestreamed on our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/GulfShoresFirstPresbyterianChurch. The service airs each Sunday at 11:00 a.m. and will be available to watch after that as well.
Also attached to this email is a Nomination Form and Membership List. Please take a few moments to look over and fill out the form, and return it by Sunday, October 29, at which point the Nominating Committee will begin their work of preparing a slate of candidates for the congregational vote on November 26, immediately following worship.
A week from tomorrow is my next surgery (October 25), and after that it will be determined whether or not radiation will be needed. Thank you for your continued prayers and support. I continue to post updates here, as well as opportunities for help: https://www.giveinkind.com/inkinds/V5A7Q4H/care-for-chrisy.
Things continue to run smoothly with the Hand-in-Hand Business Center. Please remember that if you enter through the east doors to the building that the people in the Hand-in-Hand Business Center are there to work and do their jobs, so please be quiet and respectful of their time and space. If you need to enter the building and do not have a key, please come to the north entrance near the turquoise picnic tables and ring the bell for the office, rather than disturbing the business center tenants. Thank you for your cooperation.
- NOW is the time to SHARE this information with anyone and everyone who is visiting the area. ALL proceeds from parking are now coming directly to the church, so the more people who park here, the more income we receive. So, if you know of those who need a place to park during their visit to Gulf Shores and they would like to use our parking lot, here is the link to share: https://www.premiumparking.com/P2658. You can also pick up postcards at the church to pass on to those who might be interested. If you have contacts at a rental company or a particular condo, feel free to pass this information along to them now that we are headed into busy season.
- Keep collecting that loose change and bring it every week to add to the collection! All of the loose change will go toward the ongoing ministry of the church, as we continue to spread the life-changing good news of God’s love.
- The church can now receive donations through Facebook, either by clicking on the “Donate” button on our Facebook Page, or through Fundraisers you can host on your own Facebook page.
- If you have more ideas about how we can creatively fund the ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Gulf Shores, reach out and let me know!
- Bring your Blessing Box donations (non-perishable items) to church on Sundays or drop them off at the box during the week.
You will find this week’s Prayer Requests at the bottom of the letter. Use this list to guide you in your prayer time and lift these requests to God. If you have a request (or a praise report) to include, or if a concern you have previously listed should be removed, please let me know.
As always, you are welcome to reach out to me via email, text or phone with any needs or just to chat!
Go in peace to love and serve the Lord!
Rev. Chrisy Ennen
email@example.com, (618) 980-9899
"Let all that you do be done in love.”
I Corinthians 16:14
Posted in Pastor\'s Pen