On Sunday, we were blessed to have Doug Marshall from the Presbyterian Home for Children come and share with us from God’s word and about what is happening in and through the ministry of the home. It was wonderful to have him with us in worship.
Also, in the second week of Our Money Story, we considered what it meant to release. Release literally means: “To relieve from something that confines, burdens, or oppresses.” When it comes to money, many of us long to release shame, fear, or past harm. Maybe we need to release what is holding us back from trusting in God wholeheartedly – from believing to our core that God is enough.
We were able to physically practice release as we wrote on coffee filters something we needed to release to God, and then rinsed our filters in the waters of the baptismal font, which released the ink we used to write on our filter, leaving only beautiful swirls of color behind. Like the colorful coffee filters, it is a beautiful thing when we can release those things that we have tried to hold tightly to for far too long.
For those unable to join us in-person, Sunday morning worship is livestreamed on our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/GulfShoresFirstPresbyterianChurch. The service airs each Sunday at 11:00 a.m. and will be available to watch after that as well.
You should have received a letter and information in your mailbox last week. Please take a few moments to sit down with the enclosures and seek wisdom from God as we prepare for Pledge Sunday, which will be held on Sunday, November 13. If you did not receive a letter, please let me know.
As part of our series, we have the opportunity to consider our personal money stories through the use of a personal study journal that can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nualy1j5hx5fwtv/SA_ourmoneystory_studyjournal_chronospreads.pdf?dl=0. (Due to copyright, please do not distribute this document to anyone outside our church family.) If you would like a printed copy, just let me know and I can have one ready for you on Sunday morning.
We now have THREE of our classrooms-turned-office-space filled with full-time residents! If you know of someone looking for office space, have them reach out to me and we will see how we can meet their needs.
- If you know of those who need a place to park during their visit to Gulf Shores and they would like to use our parking lot, here is the link to share: https://www.premiumparking.com/P2658. You can also pick up postcards at the church to pass on to those who might be interested.
- Keep collecting that loose change and bring it every week to add to the collection! All of the loose change will go toward the ongoing ministry of the church, as we continue to spread the life-changing good news of God’s love.
- Want to help the church just by doing your normal Amazon shopping? Now you can! Just go to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/63-0859397 and make all your purchases through this link! Each quarter the church will receive a donation equal to 0.5% of your total purchases. You can also set it up so the Amazon app on your phone automatically purchases through Amazon Smile. For help setting that up, see this link: https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=15576745011.
- The church can now receive donations through Facebook, either by clicking on the “Donate” button on our Facebook Page, or through Fundraisers you can host on your own Facebook page.
- If you have more ideas about how we can creatively fund the ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Gulf Shores, reach out and let me know!
- For safety reasons, at 11:00 a.m. each Sunday, all the doors of the building will be locked EXCEPT the north door that leads into the narthex. If you find yourself running behind, just remember to park up front by that door and enter there.
Thank you for your continued support of the Blessing Box! With the current inflation, we are struggling to keep it filled. Your donations are desperately needed. Keep bringing those non-perishable items to church on Sunday, or dropping them at the box during the week. With rising costs of everything from gas to food, the box is being used very regularly, and your donations are key to helping us bless those who are in need of what our box can offer.
- On Sunday, November 6, we will celebrate communion, observe All Saints Day, and gather after worship at Big Beach Brewing for Presbyterian Pints. Don’t forget to invite a friend or two to join us for worship and fellowship on that Sunday!
- Stewardship Sunday will be Sunday, November 13. Be watching for more information to come.
- After worship on Sunday, November 13, a congregational meeting will be held for the purpose of electing officers for the new year. Please plan now to attend.
- Bible Study – Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m. both in-person and on Zoom.
- Join the in-person group in the church Fellowship Hall
- Join the Zoom meeting at this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81951398375?pwd=S0FBSEFxRmhhUWt2QnN3WERUY1dOUT09, entering the meeting ID and password below, if prompted.
- Meeting ID: 819 5139 8375
- Passcode: 846358
- This week’s scriptures: Mark 12:38-44; Leviticus 19:9-10; 25:8-12
Go in peace to love and serve the Lord!
Rev. Chrisy Ennen
firstname.lastname@example.org, (618) 980-9899
"Let all that you do be done in love.”
I Corinthians 16:14
Posted in Pastor\'s Pen