May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your face, may the rain fall soft upon your fields, and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand. – Irish Blessing
We sang this blessing when I was in high school Madrigals as the closing song of our Madrigal dinner each year. It became a favorite for all of us and it holds such special meaning. If you don’t know, St. Patrick’s Day is my favorite holiday – probably because when I was a kid it marked exactly one week before my birthday. Now, as an adult, I don’t care so much about my birthday, but I still love St. Patrick’s Day. Every year I make green pancakes for my kids, or kid as the case may be now, andd Ty and I enjoyed our shamrock pancakes for breakfast this morning. I hope that today brings you as much joy as it brings me.
I had a wonderful week last week at the PCUSA’s Board of Pensions Credo Conference for newly ordained ministers. We spent a great deal of time focusing in on wholness, looking particularly at spiritual, vocational, physical, emotional and financial health. While it was rainy and cold most of the week, Ferncliff Camp and Conference Center outside of Little Rock, Arkansas was lovely and we did get a little sunshine for about 1-1/2 days in which we could do some hiking and enjoy the beautiful scenery. Thank you for allowing me to attend this important event that was beneficial to me so that I can be a healthy leader for you.
A remlinder for those unable to join us in-person, Sunday morning worship is livestreamed on our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/GulfShoresFirstPresbyterianChurch. The service airs each Sunday at 11:00 a.m. and will be available to watch after that as well.
As far as my health, I will need to undergo multiple surgeries and the date of the first surgery looks like it will be April 5, after which I will be off work for 4-6 weeks for recovery. During that time, you can keep track of my recovery and ways in which you can support my family and I here: https://www.giveinkind.com/inkinds/V5A7Q4H. I will also be blogging at various times about this journey and you can find that blog at www.princesschrisy.com. Thanks for the continuing prayers and support!
The buzz continues about the Hand-in-Hand Business Center, and as of March 1, we have have a full-time renters in every room of our former Christian Education Wing! We continue to work on ways in which we can create spaces to support small businesses in our community.
Please note that if you enter through the east doors to the building that the people in the Hand-in-Hand Business Center are there to work and do their jobs, so please be quiet and respectful of their time and space. If you need to enter the building and do not have a key, please come to the north entrance near the turquoise picnic tables and ring the bell for the office, rather than disturbing the business center tenants. Thank you for your cooperation.
- If you know of those who need a place to park during their visit to Gulf Shores and they would like to use our parking lot, here is the link to share: https://www.premiumparking.com/P2658. You can also pick up postcards at the church to pass on to those who might be interested. If you have contacts at a rental company or a particular condo, feel free to pass this information along to them now that we are headed into busy season.
- Keep collecting that loose change and bring it every week to add to the collection! All of the loose change will go toward the ongoing ministry of the church, as we continue to spread the life-changing good news of God’s love.
- The church can now receive donations through Facebook, either by clicking on the “Donate” button on our Facebook Page, or through Fundraisers you can host on your own Facebook page.
- If you have more ideas about how we can creatively fund the ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Gulf Shores, reach out and let me know!
- For safety reasons, at 11:00 a.m. each Sunday, all the doors of the building will be locked EXCEPT the north door that leads into the narthex. If you find yourself running behind, just remember to park up front by that door and enter there.
- Bring your Blessing Box donations (non-perishable items) to church on Sundays or drop them off at the box during the week.
- Dinner and Discussion – Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall – bring a dish to share
- Chair Yoga led by Donna Holmes – Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- Bible Study – Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m. both in-person and on Zoom.
- Join the in-person group in the church Fellowship Hall
- Join the Zoom meeting at this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81951398375?pwd=S0FBSEFxRmhhUWt2QnN3WERUY1dOUT09, entering the meeting ID and password below, if prompted.
- Meeting ID: 819 5139 8375; Passcode: 846358
- If you wish to study at home, here are next week’s scriptures: Ezekiel 37:1-14; Psalm 130; Romans 8:6-11; John 11:1-45.
- Craft ‘n’ Chat – Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m. in the Parlor – bring something you enjoy doing (yarn crafts, jewelry making, coloring, or anything else) and hang out with Pastor Chrisy for open conversation and creative time together.
As always, you are welcome to reach out to me via email, text or phone with any needs or just to chat!
Go in peace to love and serve the Lord!
Rev. Chrisy Ennen
firstname.lastname@example.org, (618) 980-9899
"Let all that you do be done in love.”
I Corinthians 16:14
Posted in Pastor\'s Pen